Beware the barrenness of a busy life. – Socrates
In the depths of busyness, I neglected one of my most treasured pastimes – reading. And so, I’m making amends by finally dedicating time to read from my ever-growing TBR list.
While I won’t be writing blog reviews about my reads, maybe only for poetry books, I’ll try to leave a trace on Amazon, etc., whenever I can.
If you’d like to join the challenge, welcome! The challenge starts June 1st and ends August 31st.
Pick 10 books (any genre, any form) you want to read this summer, and of course, you can keep adding to (or changing) your list. In your list include:
- at least, one book that dared to push the envelope. You can find inspiration, for example, here and here.
- at least, one book in translation (from any language to the language you’re comfortable reading in)
- at least, one book by an indie author
- during your reading, please do share snippets/images of your reading experience, either on your blog, Facebook or Instagram with a tag #summerreading2018. You can let us know (link or handle) in comments section if you’ll reading, so we can follow along.
- At the end of the challenge, please recommend at least one ‘must read’ from your list, and tell us why.
My Reading List (in no particular order)
- Stories from the Sun by Nametso Phonchi
- Maledicus by Charles French
- The Muse by Jessie Burton
- Cast a Long Shadow by Leena Lander
- The Storyteller Speaks by Annika Perry
- Complete Poems by Emily Dickson
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D.H. Lawrence
- Daddy edited by K E Garland
- Magical Mechanications by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris
- The Lady from Zagreb by Phillip Kerr