1.Where I live, November is synonymous with darkness. The SAD state that can suck the joy out of everything.
2. But I adorn my iron armour, self-care, the second strongest type of protection.
3. Dark, however, has its benefits; both literally and figuratively.
4. That’s why I expend little energy searching for beauty during this time. Instead, I let the dark touch me.
5. As the saying goes…
The depths of darkness from which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach.” ~ Pliny the Elder
6. November is also a month where my old working titles start to sound profound. Only to realise later that they are just a translation from one language to another. For example, “BeAm of Light” means Litha in Xhosa.
7. Talking about a beam of light! This baby crow, Litha, created by a beautiful soul at MagicLoveCrow, years ago, continues to brighten my autumn days. I cherish this painting.
8. Well, you see, even in the dark one is never truly alone.
9. As they say (mythology), where there’s a crow, there’s magic. Because crows can summon the right people to cross your path. And boy, did those right people cross my path this past month! Best October gifts…
10. On the note, allow me to share want I recently learned from the collection pictured below:
The sound level of normal breathing is said to be 10 decibels. A sound so quiet you don’t hear it unless all else is silent and you are close to the source.”
Mind-blowing stuff! Really, this is a book to invest in.
11. So, this month, I invite you to make space for silence. Allow it to bring you back to yourself!
12. Because who needs a flashlight, when you have a glow inside to light up your world?
13. In case you haven’t noticed, I’m being both flippant and serious regarding embracing the dark. If you’re moving towards winter where you live, please take care of yourself. ♥
What have you been up to? Please do tell! 🙂